Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gloves Come Off's "Lo Kut" (Henry Leung) challenges his father Kevin Cheng,

Since the broadcast of Gloves Come Off, the series has won public praises and this is the week of the finale. In the series, aside from all the boxing scenes, Kevin Cheng and his son "Lo Kut" father-son relationship has earned hot tears. Lo Kut's real name is Henry Leung (Chi Ho), a 10 years old who performs exceptionally well in school. He's one clever little boy, when memorizing his lines, he just looks at it once and his photograhic memory takes action. During filming, little Henry often bravely challenges Kevin in seeing who can memorize their lines and have the least NGs.

Lo Kut treats the set as if it was a playground and often gets sweaty from all the playing. He said: "My parents have to go to work, and rarely takes me out to the playground. It's been at least two years since I've been to one." Having such a good time playing, but once a family member says stop, Lo Kut behaves and goes straight back to his family and does not make a fuss at all.

Kevin has once described his on-screen son Lo Kut as '???' ('chyun' - a little cocky). He said: "If I had a good life, I would want a son with his personality. There will only be sparks with Lo Kut's personality and the outcome was great." Lo Kut is not considered cute, but he has a smart and clever look. Lo Kut will turn 10 in October, and is currently in the fourth grade. He's an excelled student, ranking fourth place in his class. He scores the highest in his class in general knowledge, mathematics and English grammer. He is also the SGA vice president and a leader at the library. In all, he's a leader in school.

When asked if Lo Kut likes acting? He answered: "It's fun." Then he suddenly exposed: "Only in the series I can have a Boxing King father!" What if he has to take a test in school, how does he study and film? Lo Kut gave an earnest answer: "I do all my homework at school and at home, study first. Then I can focus on my acting and shooting the series."

Competes with Kevin on who NGs the least

In Gloves Come Off, Lo Kut is an 8 year old boy, but he had always liked to play with his big brothers and sisters, so he has a great relationship with Kevin: "The first time I met 'Lo Dai' (or Big Brother) Kevin, he asked me: 'However you usually call your dad, just call me the same way!' I've actually started off calling him 'Lo Dau', but then somehow it turned to 'Lo Dai'. I still call him that now. He also told me to watch Chow Yun Fat's All About Ah-Long."

In the series, Lo Kut and Kevin's parent-son activity is to compete on memorizing lines. Lo Kut said: "We race to see who can memorize our lines the fastest, then we practice together and see who would get it wrong." Lo Kut's elder sister accompanied him on this interview, she said: "Sometimes when its time to start shooting, my brother is still playing, but then Kevin would ask: 'Your playing here? Have you memorized all your lines yet? The upcoming scene is very important!' Then my brother would answer him: 'Let's see who's going to NG first then?!' My brother is really good at memorizing lines, he practices with me once at home, and won't need to look at it again once he's on the set. Even if the lines change at the last minute, he won't get it wrong, so whenever my brother and Kevin compete on who NGs the least, he rarely loses."

Lo Kut's real father was at the side pointing a finger at his son, he laughed: "I don't know how, but he can even remember the long lines. Tell him to cry and he cries immediately. Before I didn't know he can act. He even exchanged phone numbers with Kevin, but we don't even have Kevin's number." Lo Kut expressed he and Kevin have been keeping in touch: "He would ask me how I'm doing on my homework and tells me to eat more! I call Lo Dai and set a meeting in June for Father's Day, but he's not going to be in HK. I told him I'll wait until he gets back to HK first!"

Three years ago, Lo Kut's mother had a friend recommend him to shoot a commercial, and since then a director spotted him. He has been in music videos, films, educational programs and on RTHK.

Source: Sudden Weekly Issue#877, TVBChannel
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger