Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fala Chen - Have Enough Courage for Change

Some people often put 'Change' at the tip of their tongue, but often there are no actions made. On discussion forums, Fala Chen is known as 'Fala BB', a goddess who is already standing firm in TV and film, and recently became a singer. Aside from going after the TV Queen award, she's not even going to let go of the Most Popular Female Singer! Fala said before she had no ambitions, but she's actually been the choir since youth and had dreams of becoming a singer. This dream started even before her wish to be TV Queen: "I really like to sing. I wanted to be a singer earlier on. From middle school to college, I've been a member in the choir and always go out for performances. I really enjoyed it."

Solo Unfolds Her True Self

Chorus and solo are two different things. Fala's love for solo singing started from chorus: "When I was studying in college, I was very busy, but no matter how busy I was, I still wanted to sing in the choir! That time, I started doing musicals and had a solo, it was one of the happiest moments in my life!" Reality is cruel, after entering the entertainment circle, Fala participated in at least three series per year, and she had commercials and other stage performances: "I was really busy the last several years, didn't even have time to eat. Luckily I had a few opportunities to do stage performances and sing. It was not only then that people discovered that Fala can sing! In fact, it's really about fate that I could be a singer, TVB had been helping me find a record company all along and at the same time Stars Shine wanted to recruit singers. Stars Shine really has put in a lot of resources on me. They didn't care whether if they would make any money or not. I knew this opportunity isn't bad, and if I miss it, I don't know when there will be another opportunity!"

Charging into TV, Film & Music

In the past, Fala only sang other people's songs. Today, she has her own songs and excitedly said: "It feels good! It's like a dream to have my own songs! I know I'm still far from being a professional singer, but I didn't know how to act before either. It's through all the training, that I am where I am today. I have confidence that I can do it! As an actress, I pretend to be someone else, but as a singer, I can be myself and truly display the real Fala!" She believed success or failure does not lie in whether if she makes money or not: "Does it have to be that my album sells well and that my songs are a great hit, that I'm considered successful? If I don't try new things, then how will I know if I can do it or not? Becoming a singer is a dream of mines, now that my dream has come true, I have nothing to lose!" When asked if she does well in both the TV and music scene, how will she choose between the two? The greedy Fala said: "Are there any heavenly kings or superstars that don't find a balance in different fields? I really hope one day I can have agony on whether I should be a singer or an actress, I would tell myself, I want to do both!"

[Excerpt from Apple Daily] Nowadays singers' standards can really be heavily criticized, Teresa Carpio once said being a singer is easy, but they may not necessarily know how to sing. Fala agrees. First time performing live on JSG, she was very nervous and resulted in heavy criticisms on her getting off-key. Fala views this experience as a benefit: "When I sang live at events before, I sang other people's songs to entertain the audience, that's not as stressful because I wasn't a singer then. Many times, my thoughts about a performance is the same as acting. If I can't concentrate and get into character and the story, then I won't be able to cry. On JSG that time, I learned a lesson that I must have a 100% good performance in the future. If I'm not at the right state before going on stage, then I will start feeling afraid on stage. Soon after, that same week, I performed live again and I did better. My heart was not beating as fast, haha. It feels like after the first kiss. On the second kiss, you won't feel as nervous!"

Fala learned a lesson and reflected on it. She knows she needs time to improve: "Reality won't allow me to be like Teresa Carpio, train for several decades, so I can only do my best and learn from each experience and make improvements. I believe even a person who really knows how to sing, being on stage for the first time, they will be very nervous as well." [Apple Daily]

Epilogue: Beautiful and Sweet Voice

The frequent saying: "a beautiful person with a sweet voice", just how good is the beautiful Fala's singing voice? [Oriental Daily] reporter asked Fala to perform something quick live on the spot for her to listen to, so she could record it as a ringtone. Fala hummed Bird Has Fallen. (English equivalent: London Bridges Is Falling Down) Fala's high notes were sweet, medium notes were accurate and her low notes were strong! This became the reporter's ringtone! Fala's debut album Beautiful Life releases today, July 31, 2012.

Source: The Sun, Apple Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger