Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Surrounded by Mainland girls, Kevin Cheng: Money is More Important; To Open a Production Studio

TVB Siu Sangs Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong and Ron Ng have recently been involved with Mainland actresses, from last year until this year, 'Law Ba' Kevin Cheng has been shooting in Mainland for 10 months straight. Also, after Startling By Each Step becoming a major hit, Kevin is worth a lot more and became TVB's highest earning artist. The single Kevin was praised by the Mainland media that he's a 'seun poon' (good deal), its basically unbelievable that no girl would want him.

Refuse to be Third Party

Many people say Mainland girls are hard to resist, therefore many male artists fall for them. In the many months Kevin has been working in Mainland, he has seen a lot of beauties around, but has he been enticed before? "Don't make it sound that serious, but if your talking about having feelings and interests, if I say no, then I would be lying to you. However I am that type that if I don't have any feelings or interest, then I won't give her the wrong signal. Shouldn't be wasting their time or my time. Also, the actresses that I worked with earlier, the majority them already had boyfriends. Those with boyfriends are really not to be messed with, I don't like to be involved with such complicated relationships. I'm not young anymore, at this age, I want to find a wife."

Will Kevin avoid dating Mainland girls? Kevin said: "Actually the only difference between Mainland and HK girls is the language, both are still Chinese. I really don't know whether my future wife will be a foreigner, someone from Hong Kong or Mainland. Don't write about me only wanting to be with certain people, I didn't set too many requirements, as long as there is fate and we can click. If I like her, then I don't care what others think."

About his past rumors, Charmaine Sheh, was rumored with him for the longest and they were even rumored to have gotten back together. Kevin said: "Charmaine and I are friends, but I really don't dare to meet with her. We could just be having a simple meal together, but when we get photographed, there are huge headlines. To avoid trouble, we don't meet up at all." Isn't that a pity? She could have been your true love? "Aiya! I haven't rested for 19 months straight, busy to death, just leave it then."

To Open a Studio Next Year

Shooting in Mainland, aside from the high pay, it has also given Kevin an opportunity to start another type of business. Next year, he plans to open his own studio and start shooting his own TV series. Kevin: "This is true. I hope this can happen next year. Opening a studio, meaning I'm going to produce my own TV series. I have already started looking for good scripts, a good series must have a good script. Or perhaps I'll buy the copyrights to a few best-selling novels and make an adaptation. If the role is suitable for me, I can also do the acting as well. I'm currently saving up. What I want to shoot the most is a war series, like the Zhang Xueliang legend. However, producing a series will require a lot of capital, so that definitely won't be my first series to produce, the first series should be something small and also must be a joint investment. That's how I can learn." Continuously shooting several Mainland dramas, Kevin was able to see which are the best directors, what is the best lighting and the most important is to know how to control the budget. "Yes, the more I shoot, the more information I gather. I can see which artists are good, what crews are outstanding and which are honest productions. At work, there are lot of inspirations."

Source: Mingpao Weekly, TVBChannel
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger