Wednesday, February 16, 2011

20 years of experience, Chilam Cheung has the status for HK Coliseum concert

Chilam entered the industry in 1991 as a singer, just a blink of an eye it has already been 20 years that he's been in the music industry. Many people may feel that it's a little late for him to hold a concert now? But to Chilam, if he were to hold one before, it's possible that he won't have enough stability both physical and mental state. Today, it is something suitable for him, so he will be holding the Chilam Cheung I am an Alien Concert on March 26th and 27th.

New company facilitated the good news

Chilam felt that a fifth of a century has passed being in the music industry, from the song Modern Love Story, he started growing with everyone. From 70s after through 90s after, he's still singing. "I have a large age range of fans, so I am even more honored to be able to entertain a large market. In the past, I never hoped for a HK Coliseum concert because I felt that after having the concert, it cannot give you instant success. It is really strange that I didn't have a dream to hold a concert in HK Coliseum, so this time I am really grateful of my record label Neway Star because I am not an artist who likes to fight, someone has to push me to do everything. If I had to do it spontaneously, this HK Coliseum concert, I believe will be difficult to make happen. So you don't need to over think if I signed with a record label because I wanted a HK Coliseum concert, in fact, I'm just the opposite. Neway Star felt that I had a market and they wanted to open a HK Coliseum concert for me, so they asked me to sign with them!"

It's time to repay fans

Before Chilam signed with a new company, he kept thinking if he really does want to be singing again because the singer profession truly requires huge investments. Regardless of the time spent, a lot of money is also involved. He frankly said: "Honestly, a concert in HK Coliseum may not necessarily make as much as a Mainland series would. So, I thought about if I could sacrifice the time for money earning opportunities to go be a singer again and hold a concert. To make it happen this time, it is all because I'm not doing it for the money, but simply because I have a belief of feedback. I hope this time, I can give something back to those fans who supported me for so many years. I hope to be able to use more songs that we could grow together with. Make it a memorable picture before everyone's eyes."

'Rippling' still earns 31 points TV rating on Chinese New Year

Last week, TVB new series The Rippling Blossom starring Chilam, Myolie Wu, Michael Tse and Tavia Yeung premiered. Perhaps the series title is attractive coupled with the beautiful Japan scenary, the premiere rating peaked at 31 points, averaged 29 points. Chilam expressed that he's very pleased with the ratings. If there is a good script and if he has confidence to be able to portray the role well, then he will consider shooting more series in the future. He also reveals that when he was shooting the series, he gave Damien Lau a flat-bottomed wok: "I also used this wok before to make tamagoyaki (Japanese omelet) for my family to eat. Everyone praised it! But, it's way too complicated and diffcult to make, I won't make it again!" Asked if he would consider making it for audience to eat if the series gets high ratings? He expressed that he has to consider how to celebrate: "I am rather practical, how about this, if the ratings reach 40 points, then I will invite 40 family audiences to come to my concert! (Isn't your concert already full?) Yes! So, I will invite them to add a show!"

When speaking of his concert, Chilam reveals that he will invite Grasshopper and Aaron Kwok as his guests. Chilam laughed and said: "I let them have the stage for so many years already! At the concert, I will be dancing and singing with them. Hope audience can have a good time." Asked if he will let his son go on stage to give him flowers? He said that's not good, and is afraid his son will get out of control. Chilam also does not want his son to follow his parents' footsteps by being an actor.

In the future, if he does shoot more series, will he consider going as a couple team with his wife Anita Yuen? Chilam said that they tried that before, but the results weren't too good, audience don't like couple teams. He's stronger going solo.

Source: Singtao, Mingpao, Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger