Monday, February 6, 2012

Charmaine Sheh: "I want a man that does not need my monetary support!"



In recent years, a “marriage boom” swept through the entertainment industry among actresses. Considered to be a “Diamond Leftover Bachelorette,” Charmaine Sheh was not worried about being unable to find a marriage partner. This year, Charmaine intended to widen her social circle and change the scenery in her love life. On the other hand, since Moses Chan admitted to dating Aimee Chan, he received everyone’s blessings, which improved the pair’s relationship.


TVB Producer Jonathan Chik’s new television drama, Let It Be Love < 4 In Love> featured four short stories in its narrative. In one of the stories, Mongkok local, Moses Chan fell in love with Asian superstar, Charmaine Sheh. The story resembled Hollywood movie, Notting Hill. Moses said, “The character is very down to earth; the portrayal will be authentic as long as there is no pretension. The character is quite rude and as I have years of experience playing triad members, I can handle it.” Moses worked hard to expand his acting range in recent years, playing a psychotic serial killer in the upcoming Psychological Warfare. “The greater changes in the character, the better it is, as I can satisfy my acting craving and stretch my bottom line. An actor needs to play different roles. The team of Jonathan Chik and Zhou Xuming gave us the opportunity to change this time.”


Charmaine Sheh Tired of Wearing a Mask


In Let It Be Love, Charmaine’s character was an Asian superstar that was tired of leading her lifestyle in the entertainment circle. In her heart, she wanted to retire, possessing a desire to be her true self and not wear a mask in front of other people. Charmaine admitted that the character resembled herself, “Although she always said that she is tired and did not want to act anymore, she was unable to truly let go. After entering the entertainment industry, there was a time when I felt lost, especially in the early years of my career. I always wanted to put forth my best side before other people, but this may not be my true self. Thus, whether at work or returning home, I was very tired and felt a bit strange and unbalanced. As I grew older and absorbed more experience, I felt there was no need to act this way. An artist can also be herself and have her own personality. Of course, I can be myself, as I do not want to wear a mask!”


Moses agreed with Charmaine’s statement that an artist needed to also be real. Moses said, “It is impossible that a person does not have any faults. When you intentionally build a good image–a good idol image—and people discover that it is not your true self after getting to know you better, then there is a bigger problem! If you put forth your true self, it is better than to deliberately please the audience. Everyone will feel better this way.”



Feeling Very Comfortable After Admitting Relationship


A superstar falling in love with a regular civilian was a beautiful fairy tale. Behind the romance was a number of problems, including the paparazzi’s hot pursuit, public pressure, family issues, etc. Charmaine spoke of a scene in Let It Be Love that portrayed the grievances of female artists realistically, “My character strongly believes in the existence of UFOs. When Moses and I go to the hill top to see a UFO to fulfill one of my small dreams, the paparazzi suddenly emerged and destroyed the date and romantic ambience. This situation also happened to me in real life.”


Conversely, after Moses recently announced dating Aimee, the public was very receptive towards the pairing. Happy to have received the public’s blessing, Moses said, “I feel more at ease, as there is additional space for us. There was no longer a need to shy away and avoid the press. It is indeed rare and comforting to receive everyone’s blessing. Seeing everyone happy for us, it makes us even happier, which helps our relationship!” Charmaine admitted that she also envied Moses.


Charmaine Wants a Self Reliant Man


Charmaine and Moses portrayed an odd-couple in Let It Be Love. In real life, can Charmaine accept dating a man who possessed an inferior social status? Charmaine replied, “As long as the man can take care of himself and I do not have to support him, then there is no problem. This is my bottom line. The most important thing is that two people are happy together. Is it guaranteed that there will be happiness with money? No there is not! If you truly love the person, there will be acceptance. As long as you do not put money above love, then there is no problem.”


Charmaine Does Not Mind Being Called a “Leftover Bachelorette”


In recent years, a new term, “Leftover Bachelorette” was coined to describe a 30-something woman who has not found her significant other yet. Many people felt that such a label was derogatory to women. Asked whether the currently single Charmaine minded such a label, she stated, “In the beginning, I was a bit offended. Afterward, the name was modified to ‘Golden Leftover Bachelorette’ and ‘Diamond Leftover Bachelorette,’ which sounded a lot better. Even if you were to mind, what can you do? Whether it is praising or derogatory in nature, you cannot control it. A ‘Leftover Bachelorette’ does not mean that no one wants her, but rather that I do not want others. There is no need to deliberately explain why and be too pessimistic. I am not the type to remain alone for the rest of my life.”


Taking Initiative and Changing Strategies


Many artists will place their careers in first place, with love in secondary position. Asked whether she placed her love life in a low position, Charmaine replied, “I do place it in a high position. Currently, I reserve more time to rest. Aside from health reasons, I want to have more time to meet people and broaden my circle in life. There is a need to communicate with friends. I had chosen my path. It is not possible that there were no pursuers over the last 10 years, but I placed my career first and pursued my career goals fully. Naturally, there was less time to date. Since that was my choice, I will not regret it. When appropriate, the ‘strategy’ can be modified; perhaps there will be change in scenery!”


As a man, Moses also felt that the term “Leftover Bachelorette” was disrespectful for the ladies. Moses said, “It is not really fair. Some older men are also not dating, but to single out the women in this manner lacks respect. In love, you cannot control the timing: to make it come and go as you please. It is nice to have a love partner, but there is no need to step on others for lacking one. I strongly believe in fate and one’s love destiny; there is an arrangement for everything!”


Charmaine and Moses were often cast in Golden Producer, Jonathan Chik’s dramas. Charmaine and Moses praised Jonathan highly. Moses said, “Jonathan’s team has not changed, whether in policy, style and dialogue; you can look back to past dramas and realize that there is a message about human nature. Our group of people has become a team. You will feel very assured working with Jonathan. He was present at almost every filming scene. When he spots someone suddenly trying to steal the scene, he will ask you to strengthen your performance and find a balance. This team is not about putting forth your own individual performance.”


Charmaine also declared that it was addictive to film Jonathan’s dramas, “You will really want to perform in his productions! You will be interested to know the subject of his next drama and whether you can meet the challenges. It is most fun this way. Without communicating, is it possible to successfully accomplish the tasks? Each time, we are able to do so! Of course, there is individual communication with the producer, but there is no need for too many group discussions when the team starts work.”

Source: 21CN.com
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger