Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mandy Wong to debut on the Big Screen in Patrick Kong's new romantic film

Mandy Wong's one role as 'Kwan Yee So' in TVB series L'Escargot got her popularity skyrocketing. In the series, she drives all her family away from their house in order to fight for the ownership of that house. When she puts up an attitude, she is hated by all. However, the more audience scold at her, the popular Mandy gets. It was understood that Mandy's role has brought her more opportunities as she will be participating in director Patrick Kong's new romantic film Natural Born Love Addict (?????) alongside Annie Liu and Chilam Cheung, which begins next Tuesday (2/14). This will be Mandy's debut on the big screen, where she continues to unveil the 'Kwan Yee So' character.

Just how popular is 'Kwan Yee So'? The other day Mandy Wong was shooting at the Wan Chai market street, where she was greatly welcomed by local residents. Many of them wanted to take pictures and get her autograph. Since she rose to popularity after 'Kwan Yee So', she had become a target for the paparazzi. Mandy frankly said she was not used to this: "The role got more people to know me and now more people wants to know about me, so I'm often followed. Of course, I wasn't used to it at first, but I understand there needs to be news. As long as the news aren't too negative, I don't mind." When speaking of 'Kwan Yee So' being a highly acclaimed role, Mandy felt: "Actually, in the beginning this role had some gambling elements to it because before Him Law and I played lovers, but this time I'm his sister-in-law. At first, I was worried audience would have trouble accepting, but thanks to Wai Wai (Oscar Leung) for recommending me to producer Nelson Cheung that there was confidence I could handle this feeling."

From a 'Shy Girl' (from Suspects In Love) to a Bossy Lady (L'Escargot), what type of role does Mandy want to do next? "I want to try something like 'Chiu Man' in Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, the classic fighter girl role. Currently, there aren't many female fighter actresses in the TV industry, I have a dance background, so I believe I can do this."

However, Mandy's next job is to jump into the big screen. According to reliable news, Mandy will be participating in director Patrick Kong's new romantic film Natural Born Love Addict (?????) and take on the second female lead role. She will be playing Chilam Cheung's younger sister. In the film, she will continue the barbaric character seen in her 'Kwan Yee So' role. Regarding this, Mandy generously admitted: "This is my first time accepting an independent film, it feels very refreshing and exciting. My role is similar to Kwan Yee So, and I also really anticipate working with Chilam Cheung because he is one of my idols. Aside from him, I also hope to work with Francis Ng and Alex Fong (Chun Sun)." When asked if she's satisfied with what she's paid for being on the big screen? Although she said money isn't too important, it is the opportunity that is most important, but she also expressed: "I hope to save up my first pot of gold, about 7 figures, so I can buy a home for my mother and I to live in together."

Aside from the new film, she is also currently heavily promoted by TVB. She will soon be taking part in producer Poon Ka Tak's new series A Chip off the Old Block II (Tentative): "In fact, Poon Ka Tak is really a judge of talent because he is the first one to discover I have that foolish and shy character in, so he casted me in A Chip off the Old Block (?????) and then again in Suspects In Love."

- Natural Born Love Addict (?????), cast: Mandy Wong, Oscar Leung, Chilam Cheung, Annie Liu
- A Chip off the Old Block (?????), cast: Liza Wang, Gigi Wong, Mandy Wong, Him Law

Source: Mingpao Weekly
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger