Monday, March 5, 2012

No Fear of Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam to hold 4th HK Coliseum concert

On Monday (2/27th), EEG held their Spring Banquet, where the company formally announced that three award winner TV King Kevin Cheng has joined them. EEG CEO Ng Yue expressed on stage that EEG will help Kevin produce a song that will become a popular classic, open a HK Coliseum for him and cast him in movies. He also made arrangements for him to take Raymond Lam's seat after he left. It looks like Kevin is already favored by EEG and plus he's also TVB executive Virgina Lok's favorite, so Prince Raymond is facing a threat. Kevin immediately said: "No one can replace Ah Fung's (Raymond) place. Its best that we each have our own successes, you do well, I do well, then everyone is happy."


2009: Let's Get Wet Concert


2010: Come 2 Me Concert


2011: Light Up My Live Concert

Recently, Raymond has been busy shooting for TVB series Dangerous Drug Raid, he expressed: "Kevin and I have collaborated several times, such as TV series Yummy Yummy and we launched an album together All About Men. We have a very good relationship. Now that we are in the same company, it is actually more like a doubly relationship. I believe there will only be a healthy competition and also its only the public comparing us, Kevin and I never compare. We have a different style, I may actually do more fast songs. Kevin and I are both students of Dai Si Chung, we are considered 'See Hing/Dai' (apprentice brothers). I'm looking forward to exchanging knowledge in music." However, after all a 'mountain cannot hold two tigers', Raymond said impatiently: "Whether if its TVB or EEG, how can there just be two tigers? We are a big family!"

It's reasonable that Raymond is confident because even though he did have a lot of criticisms, but he still held 3 HK Coliseum concerts in 3 consecutive years. According to reliable sources, Raymond was to hold his fourth concert in December this year and set a record for having 4 concerts in 4 consecutive years. However, because of his tight schedule, the current plans have been pushed back for a month, to January 2013.

Raymond admitted he will indeed hold another HK Coliseum concert, a very high possibility for January of next year: "I have never thought of breaking records or ever asked for 1 concert per year. Singers can't decide these things because our company is a for-profit business, therefore they won't be doing business that makes no profits. As long as there are people buying tickets, then it will continue, so I am very happy fans have given me the support all along, but I do have fears and anxiety as well. I have demands on myself that I should have something new for fans and audience to see, but time is really rushed. Currently, I am shooting series and recording for my Cantonese album at the same time. In March, I will be going to Australia to do a concert and then I have two more films and a Mainland series to shoot. Then I'll start preparing for my concert next year."

Old Injuries Back to Haunt Him

However, lately Raymond has clearly gained some weight, turns out its because he's been troubled by old injuries: "I have some problems with my sciatic nerve, so there has been pain when I sit. Earlier there was a period of time where I just couldn't do my regular exercises and go to the gym. I have indeed gained some weight. I've been doing a lot of physical therapy, and have to get back to my exercises soon, otherwise I can't even fit into my concert costumes for the Australia concert this month."

Kate Tsui fake smokes in the new series

As for Raymond's co-star in Dangerous Drug Raid, Kate Tsui, she will have to smoke in the series. However, she doesn't know how to smoke, so they had to fake the scene by using a fake hand and the staff helped her light the cigarette: "This time I have be a 'boxer' in the bar, so my costume looks like this, but it's quite ok, not too sexy. The director didn't require me to actually go smoke for real, just told me to hold the cigarette." In the series, Kate will have a relationship with Raymond, Kate laughed: "I have collaborated with Raymond, Bosco Wong and Ron Ng a lot, I hope to collaborate with other actors too. TV King Kevin Cheng, I really haven't collaborated before, so I anticipate the chance to work with him."

Source: Mingpao Weekly Issue#2260
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger