Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Master of Play's Tragic Death Couple Matt Yeung & Iva Law gains recognition



Bloody murderous TV series Master of Play has been named "TVB's Most Flavorful Production in History". Although last week, the series lost the housewives audience, resulting in a 3 point rating drop down to 24 points, still there are Netizens supporting the series. Aside from the two attractive main leads Adam Cheng and Moses Chan, senior police inspector played by Matt Yeung and Iva Law, appearing in only two episodes as the sexy undercover, both caught Netizens attention as well.

Matt Yeung and Iva Law play a couple in the series; both have been in the industry for over 10 years. When Matt first debuted, he was fortunate that TVB heavily promoted him, but unfortunately back then he didn't cherish the opportunity and even became the first TVB artist in history that had to repeat the Artistes Training Class. The most miserable was when he had no income for six months and practically lived on seeds.

Retakes the TVB Artistes Training Class

31 year old Matt Yeung entered the industry 14 years ago, but all along, he only had minor roles. Last year in TVB sitcom Be Home For Dinner, Matt's role as Tin Hoi got him on the rise again, and he finally gets recognition in his latest series Master of Play (MOP). In fact, Matt graduated from the 1998 TVB Artiste Training Class, the same year as Raymond Lam and Tavia Yeung. Soon after, Matt rose to popularity when he portrayed a role intimating Nicholas Tse in Screen Play and was heavily promoted by TVB. Unfortunately, back then he didn't know how to cherish, always went for late night partying at the nightclubs and got in trouble with the law. TVB had to set him aside before he could wake up and start behaving.

In 2005, his career was almost game over when he was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) and criminal damage. This time, he had the rare opportunity to portray the serious senior police inspector in MOP and make a breakthrough. Matt said: "Initially when Ah Chik (producer Jonathan Chik) came to me, I was afraid I couldn't do it, and there was no script, each day it was all last minute scripts, so I was really nervous. Before, I didn't know how to cherish my opportunities, I liked to play and cause trouble. Five years ago, I even became the first TVB artist in history to repeat the Artistes Training Class. In between, I actually wanted to give up as I had absolutely no jobs during that period. I was hopeless for 6 months."

If Matt didn't want to go homeless, then he really had to find something to do, but unfortunately he failed. Matt continued: "That time I tried to save up and start a business, a clothing store. Once I had time, I would go stock up on merchandise and do everything myself, but the store only lasted for a short period. I couldn't handle the business, so I had to close it down. I then tried selling mitten crabs in Jordan, but that only lasted for a season (3 months). At the time, I didn't know what to do anymore, one day I looked at myself in the mirror, and couldn't help but say to myself, 'You hell boy, misbehaved and wasted all your opportunties.' All along it was due to Catherine Tsang giving me all the opportunities that I was able to continue acting!"

Today, Matt knows better and is well-behaved. Last year, he announced on Weibo that he plans to marry his girlfriend (Joanna) at the end of the year. The couple have been dating for over two years.

Iva Law - Sexy Undercover Marries German Boyfriend

Iva Law entered TVB 12 years ago, and had only been playing naughty young girls or prosititutes. This time in Master of Play, she plays an undercover cop. Although she only appears in two episodes, she still grabbed attention by her sexy short skirt and long legs. She 'poisoned' all the guys, as they watched the scene before her death over and over again. It turns out this sexy undercover already married her German I.T boyfriend last year. Iva said: "Although I have thought of giving up, but it is not because of what roles I get, rather it is safer to be an all-round artist. So, in 2006 I studied makeup in Japan to increase my value and came back realizing that I really do like acting. Luckily TVB let me come back. (Does your husband mind that you get so sexy on-screen?) Haha...I just do it first every time, then I tell him afterwards. If I tell him beforehand, he definitely won't allow it! My husband owns an I.T company, not considered wealthy, but I don't have to worry about the finances. Acting is realy just my hobby!" In 2003, Iva sparked love after collaborating with Lawrence Ng, 15 years her senior, but unfortantely the relationship only lasted for about a year before ending in a break up.


Source: FACE Magazine
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger