Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kelly Chen supports a loyal fan suffering from cerebral palsy at the book fair

Kelly Chen gets out of pain, yesterday she personally attended a book fair to support a loyal fan who suffers from Cerebral Palsy (abnormalities in the brain), Leung Yan Yan. Leung launched a new book called I Slowly Come Over. Seeing her idol giving her personal support, Leung was speechless.

Kelly reveals the time when she first met Leung, she was only in high school. At the time, Kelly knew she wanted to study design, and Kelly herself studied design before, so Kelly feared she would affect her, especially when Leung couldn't even draw a straight line at the time. Because of this Kelly teared up, her voice whimpered as she said: "I couldn't believe my one word of encouragement, made her continue on with design and didn't give up. If I was her, I probably would have given up long ago." After she said that, Kelly and the sobbing Leung next to her embraced.

Later, Leung personally drew a drawing for Kelly, Leung said the blue sky represents hope, so Kelly will have hope and everyone else will have hope. She said as she sobbed: "I am just a small potato, very peaceful, Kelly is my idol, I couldn't believe she would be here to support me. One time after school, I went to see Kelly, I really wanted to give up, but she told me not to, I then didn't give up."

When Kelly accepted an interview, she expressed she kept in touch with Leung with letters all along, so she knows about Leung's life happy and sad moments. She also personally wrote Leung's preface in her book. Asked if Kelly has interest in publishing a book? She laughed: "I have nothing to write about. (Baby care experiences?) I've just been doing that for a year or two, not much experiences. I am still in the process of learning myself. It's more like I'm going to buy books, not publish them. I am a lazy person too, on my free time, I rather spend more time with my son."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger