Friday, July 29, 2011

[News] 2NE1’s “Ugly” becomes a big hit. Its lyrics criticizes appearance-oriented society



2NE1’s new song “Ugly” became a big hit.


2NE1 would record the biggest hit if “Ugly” ranks at the top because the group’s previous songs, “Don’t Cry,” “Lonely,” “I Am The Best,” and “Hate You,” already swept top ranking on various charts.


2NE1’s songs gain popularity not only in Korea, but also abroad, and fans are looking forward to the official release of “Ugly” after seeing its teaser on the 26th on 2NE1 TV Live: Worldwide.


The lyrics of “Ugly,” which mentions of a damaged heart over other’s criticism on one’s ugly appearance, sends sad emotions unlike its up-tempo melody. Particularly, the line which says, “I’m not pretty. No one loves me. I want to be pretty, too,” makes a bond of sympathy with those who have had complex over their appearance.


Fans comment: “I feel as if CL is talking for me.” “It sounds like a pop song.” “I see that they are trying various genres. I like it.”


2NE1 will begin its concert from August 26 to 28 and will officially debut in Japan in September.


Source: Newsen


Translated by Hannah@KOREA.COM



View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger