Sunday, February 19, 2012

Raymond Lam Suffers Extreme Back Pain, Unable to Rise From Bed

The 2011 IFPI Hong Kong Album Sales Awards was held last night. Raymond Lam (??) won three awards and Joey Yung (???) won six awards, becoming the big winners of the night. Suffering from sciatica (pain or numbness produced by an irritation of the nerve roots leading to the sciatic nerve), Raymond bit back his pain to attend the IFPI music awards. While singing two slow songs, Raymond often adjusted his back.

Due to the pain he was experiencing, Raymond was also absent from yesterday’s filming of TVB drama, Fight Crime "????". Raymond stated, “My back pain is due to excessive wear and tear of the spine during work. The doctor noted that the affected area is difficult to cure. During the Lunar New Year holiday, the pain was so excruciating I was unable to get up from bed, requiring my younger brother to support my arm. Now, I can only minimize attendance in promotional activities, take pain killers, and use acupuncture to help relieve the pain.”

Asked whether his present condition will affect his fertility, Raymond said, “I do not know, however, it was very difficult when recording a song earlier. I could not sit or stand for long periods. This affected the filming of Fight Crime and my dancing; I can no longer be chok. Fortunately, there are not too many action sequences in Fight Crime.”

“In March, I will be performing a concert in Australia concert. I will need to get an epidural steroid injection to control the pain.” Although Raymond’s parents were deeply worried about him, they did not force him to retire from the entertainment industry.

Source: Ming Pao and Oriental Daily
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger