Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Niki Chow puts up her 'Madam' attitude and scares away Italian pickpocketer

Niki Chow just completed all her jobs and is going on vacation to Europe for 2-3 weeks. She decided to travel to Italy with a female friend.

Niki has never been to Italy, with courage written on her forehead, she heavily sighs that the trip was upsetting. Niki and her friend don't know Italian, so they have been roaming around Florence in the past few days on a bus. She said: "I figured taking the bus to the final stop will be fine, and can even get a feel of how the culture is like there while I'm at it. I haven't taken the bus in like 10 years! No one knows me there, so I wanted to try taking the bus and subway, pretty good!"

However when speaking of her most frightening experience, was one night when she was out on the street of Rome, a place known for pickpocketing. Suddenly, a man grabbed Niki by the arm, and she immediately turned into a 'policewoman', she said: "That night when he grabbed my arm, the first thing I did was shout loudly 'ah'! Not sure if its because I just finished shooting Sergeant Tabloid, it's like I'm still a madam! My loud shout scared him away!" The friend who was with her, couldn't even give a reaction and the man already disappeared.

Although Niki encountered an unfortunate incident in Rome, the known enthusiastic Italians treated her with great hospitality, taking the initiative to treat Niki a meal. When asked if she had any one-nighters during her trip? She laughed: "They invited me out to drink, dance and chat!" She also went to see several of the local art museums and met an Asian artist on the street. He told Niki, despite already being married there, there is still serious discrimination problems. In a year, he's only able to sell just a handful of his artwork. When Niki heard this, she immediately purchased one of his artworks to support him.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger