Friday, December 16, 2011

Charmaine Sheh will rely on 'When Heaven Burns' for next year's TV Queen

Two years ago, Charmaine Sheh participated in the production of TVB series When Heaven Burns, but 18 episodes have already been broadcast and still the TV ratings are not doing too well. As for the public responses, it has been a mix of good and bad. Some people didn't understand the method of expression of space and time and can't accept cannibalism. On the contrary, some praised that the story is refreshing, something new. However, a common point is audience all agree that Charmaine's acting is good. There are some Netizens who felt pity for Charmaine, that if the series aired before the TVB Anniversary, Myolie Wu may not have got the TV Queen title. It looks like Charmaine's charms are still strong.

Charmaine said: "Perhaps next year I'll still have a chance to be in the TV Queen competition. I hope we all don't forget about When Heaven Burns when the time comes. I am quite pleased with the response, this proves there are improvements. I thank producer Jonathan Chik for giving me [the opportunity] to portray 'Yip Chi Yan'. In fact, improvement is the most important for artists. Awards are a great encouragement. This time, it is enough that the series got pretty good feedback. As for the praises by Netizens, I don't dare to take it. Perhaps the genre, characters and producer are different, Myolie [Wu] is a very hardworking artist. I am happy that she got the awards. For whatever it is, we can never please the whole world. After all, there will be people that are happy and people that are unhappy."

Charmaine reveals when she received the When Heaven Burns script, she already knew the parent generation may not like the series because the genre is more complex and different. In fact, the younger generation will like it more. In the end, Charmaine's thoughts were correct. She said: "I personally love my Yip Chi Yan role, she is different from my past roles. She bears a very heavy burden, because when she was a teenager, her boyfriend died and her good friends didn't take up the responsibilities, therefore she carries heavy emotions. Each time I have to do my homework. Although the ratings for this series is only average, I feel we have won the public praises and that's enough for me. Good or poor ratings is more about the right time, place and conditions. The ratings often do poorly near the end of the year, it is something artists cannot control."

Winning praises from Netizens, will Charmaine be participating in Jonathan Chik's War and Beauty sequel next year? She said: "Under my contract with TVB, I must shoot at least a 20 episode series per year. However, February 2012 I already agreed to take part in a Mainland drama. The crew has already done all the preparations too. I am working very hard to match the schedules. If everyone does some accommodating, I can shoot War and Beauty 2." With that said, Charmaine still has a chance to be part of next year's TVB grand production.

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily (image)
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger